Angelina Jolie Opens All-Girls School in Afghanistan, Plans to Fund More Schools
10:42 am, April 2nd, 2013
Angelina Jolie continues to dedicate herself to helping the less fortunate around the globe.
The actress and United Nations ambassador is opening an all-girls school in Afghanistan.
According to EOnline, Jolie has chosen for the primary school an area outside of Kabul, a region that has a high refugee population and typically favors boys’ education over schooling for girls.
And she’s not stopping there.
The movie star plans to open even more schools to be funded by the profits from her upcoming jewelry line — Style of Jolie – with Robert Procop.
Jolie tells E! in a statement, “Beyond enjoying the artistic satisfaction of designing these jewels, we are inspired by knowing our work is also serving the mutual goal of providing for children in need.”
Procop adds, “We launched this collaborative collection with the intent that 100 percent of the profits will go to charity. The intention was to create something beautiful but more importantly to provide children an opportunity to have an education.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank