Sites falsely claim Angelina Jolie to play Marilyn Monroe
8:02 pm, August 16th, 2010
“Angelina Jolie has gotten the gig most actresses in Hollywood would die to get. Jolie will play Marilyn Monroe in the movie version of The Life and Opinions of Maf the Dog,” begins another WHOLLY INACCURATE report from the hacks at Hollyscoop.
The site continues to embarrass itself by noting, “Angie will star alongside George Clooney who will play Frank Sinatra. That should be a fun movie set considering the fact that Clooney is BFF’s with Brad Pitt.”
Uh, Mr. Roarke says it’s time to leave “Fantasy Island.”
Not surprisingly, Hollyscoop’s journalistic equal, Perez Hilton, also picked up this tall tale for a post titled, “Angelina Jolie To Play Marilyn Monroe.”
Perez similarly claimed, “The role of Sinatra will be played by another Hollywood heavyweight, George Clooney.”
[Slight break to clean up our desk from the huge spit-take.]
Suffice to say, the blogs’ stories are 100 PERCENT WRONG.
A rep for Jolie tell Gossip Cop that reports of the Oscar winner playing Monroe are “not true.” And Clooney’s rep called the stories “totally fabricated.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo