Sites falsely claim Angelina Jolie to play Marilyn Monroe
8:02 pm, August 16th, 2010
“Angelina Jolie has gotten the gig most actresses in Hollywood would die to get. Jolie will play Marilyn Monroe in the movie version of The Life and Opinions of Maf the Dog,” begins another WHOLLY INACCURATE report from the hacks at Hollyscoop.
The site continues to embarrass itself by noting, “Angie will star alongside George Clooney who will play Frank Sinatra. That should be a fun movie set considering the fact that Clooney is BFF’s with Brad Pitt.”
Uh, Mr. Roarke says it’s time to leave “Fantasy Island.”
Not surprisingly, Hollyscoop’s journalistic equal, Perez Hilton, also picked up this tall tale for a post titled, “Angelina Jolie To Play Marilyn Monroe.”
Perez similarly claimed, “The role of Sinatra will be played by another Hollywood heavyweight, George Clooney.”
[Slight break to clean up our desk from the huge spit-take.]
Suffice to say, the blogs’ stories are 100 PERCENT WRONG.
A rep for Jolie tell Gossip Cop that reports of the Oscar winner playing Monroe are “not true.” And Clooney’s rep called the stories “totally fabricated.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Selena At Bieber's House For Hookup?
- 9 Random Celeb Beauty Lines You've Never Heard Of
- Celebrities With Their Moms
- 5 Celebrity Hairstyles Real Men Dig
- Victoria Secret Models' Diet & Workout Secrets Revealed
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!