Angelina Jolie, Steve Martin and Angela Lansbury to Receive Honorary Oscars
5:19 pm, September 5th, 2013
Angelina Jolie is going to receive another Oscar, the Board of Governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced on Thursday.
The actress, who already has an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for Girl, Interrupted, will be presented with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for her advocacy on behalf of numerous causes around the world.
According to the Academy, the Oscar statuette is given “to an individual in the motion picture industry whose humanitarian efforts have brought credit to the industry.”
Other notables who will be presented honorary statuettes for “lifetime achievement” or “outstanding service to the Academy” are three-time Academy Award nominee Angela Lansbury and Steve Martin, who hosted the Oscars three times.
The statuettes will be handed out on November 16 in Los Angeles at the fifth annual Governors Awards.
What do you think about this year’s recipients?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Short Fashionistas Who Style Their Body Right
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting