Angelina Jolie: I’m Going to Give Up Acting When My Kids Become Teenagers
10:31 am, December 4th, 2012
Last year, 48-year-old Pitt said he plans to retire from acting when he turns 50, and now Jolie is singing a similar tune.
The Maleficent star told England’s Channel 4 News, “I think I’m going to have to give up the acting as the kids hit the teenage years… [there will be] too much to manage at home.”
Jolie noted, “I have enjoyed being an actress. I am so grateful to the job and I have had great experiences and I have even been able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun.”
“But if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children. I wake up in the morning as a mom and I turn on the news like everybody else and I see what’s happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way,” she added, referring to her charity work and position as a United Nations ambassador.
Jolie and Pitt’s two eldest children are 11-year-old Maddox and nine-year-old Pax, so the actress’ plan to retire from acting could take effect in the not-distant future.
However, actors have frequently changed their minds when it comes to actually stepping away.
Do you think Jolie will really give up acting soon?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Easily Achieve 'A-List' Hair Color
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?