Angelina Jolie in Talks to Direct Fifty Shades of Grey?
12:50 pm, June 8th, 2012
Rumors are swirling that Angelina Jolie is in talks for Fifty Shades of Grey — but not to play the female lead.
According to reports, Universal Pictures has its eye on Jolie as a potential director for the upcoming movie version of E L James’ erotic bestseller.
Gossip Cop hears, however, that the star, who helmed last year’s drama In The Land Of Blood And Honey, has NOT been formally approached.
Jolie is currently working (as an actor) on the highly-anticipated Disney film, Maleficent, and it’s likely someone else will wind up being tasked with the Fifty Shades of Grey adaptation.
If any conversations have been had about the Fifty Shades directing gig — they have not been formal talks or negotiations with Jolie.
Gossip Cop will have updates whenever talks — with Jolie or anyone else — become serious.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet