Angelina Jolie: Starving For ‘Statement’?
11:23 am, December 8th, 2011
Angelina Jolie‘s skinniness has been the subject of tabloid frenzy for some time now, with various publications harping on her allegedly drastic weight loss month after month, which, if you think about it, is impossible.
In any case, Us Weekly is now hopping on the bandwagon with a new interpretation of Jolie’s supposed starvation.
The magazine quotes a so-called “source” as saying Jolie, a United Nations goodwill ambassador, “puts herself on fasts to make statements for the children she visits.”
“She says, ‘If they can’t eat, I can’t eat,’” explains the Us source. “She does different cleanses from around the world. It’s very dramatic, but that’s how she gets.”
Well, that definitely sounds “dramatic” – but is not accurate.
It’s true that Jolie takes her UN responsibilities very seriously, making frequent trips to poor conditions around the world.
But she’s not going on fasts to experience the hardships of the people she visits.
A source close to the actress-humanitarian tells Gossip Cop she makes her “statement” by investing time and energy into her frequent international efforts, and not through any kind of symbolic dietary “cleanses.”
The source adds that trying to link Jolie’s personal eating habits to the very real suffering of the less fortunate populations she helps cheapens what’s been a long-term, meaningful relationship between Jolie and the United Nations.
Like us on Facebook!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank