Angelina Jolie: Starving For ‘Statement’?
11:23 am, December 8th, 2011
Angelina Jolie‘s skinniness has been the subject of tabloid frenzy for some time now, with various publications harping on her allegedly drastic weight loss month after month, which, if you think about it, is impossible.
In any case, Us Weekly is now hopping on the bandwagon with a new interpretation of Jolie’s supposed starvation.
The magazine quotes a so-called “source” as saying Jolie, a United Nations goodwill ambassador, “puts herself on fasts to make statements for the children she visits.”
“She says, ‘If they can’t eat, I can’t eat,’” explains the Us source. “She does different cleanses from around the world. It’s very dramatic, but that’s how she gets.”
Well, that definitely sounds “dramatic” – but is not accurate.
It’s true that Jolie takes her UN responsibilities very seriously, making frequent trips to poor conditions around the world.
But she’s not going on fasts to experience the hardships of the people she visits.
A source close to the actress-humanitarian tells Gossip Cop she makes her “statement” by investing time and energy into her frequent international efforts, and not through any kind of symbolic dietary “cleanses.”
The source adds that trying to link Jolie’s personal eating habits to the very real suffering of the less fortunate populations she helps cheapens what’s been a long-term, meaningful relationship between Jolie and the United Nations.
Like us on Facebook!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Lorde & Boyfriend Cyberbullied In Racist, Meanest Way
- Short Hairstyles We Love
- Style Inspiration: 85 Celebs Rocking Tights, Spandex & Leggings
- Former Child Stars That Are Hot Now