Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt to Wed This Weekend?
11:06 am, August 10th, 2012
Rumors are swirling in France that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are tying the knot on Saturday after local television station France 3 reported that wedding preparations were underway at the engaged couple’s estate Chateau Miraval.
British outlets like The Sun naturally seized on the report, and added that Pitt’s parents were en route, along with jeweler Robert Procop, who designed Jolie’s engagement ring.
Despite the speculation, however, there will NOT be a Brangelina wedding this weekend.
Pitt’s rep says the nuptials rumor are not true.
Even beyond that official denial, there doesn’t appear to be any evidence to support wedding rumors.
In fact, a Reuters reporter on the scene says there are no visible signs of any wedding preparations, and a French official confirmed to the outlet that they “don’t know anything about it.”
“Under French law couples have to get married at the town hall,” said Patrick Mareschi, the deputy culture secretary of Correns. “Unlike with a religious wedding, there’s no way a couple can hold a civil ceremony at their own home.”
In fact, it’s more probable that the bash — if there even is one — is in honor of Pitt’s parents’ 50th anniversary.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Farrah Abraham's New Face And Boobs
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction