Angelina Jolie Loses Aunt Debbie Martin to Breast Cancer
4:17 pm, May 26th, 2013
Angelina Jolie lost her aunt, Debbie Martin, to breast cancer on Sunday.
The sad news comes on the heels of the actress revealing that she recently underwent a double mastectomy.
“Angelina has been in touch throughout the week and her brother Jamie [Haven] has been with us, giving his support day by day,” her uncle Ron Martin told E!.
He added, ”We have seen Angelina a number of times since Debbie was diagnosed with breast cancer and Debbie and I were both very proud of her recent decision to have the double mastectomy and to do everything she can to keep her family from having to go through what we’ve been through.”
Jolie’s uncle further noted, “Angelina’s father Jon Voight has also been tremendously supportive — he came down to see Debbie last Sunday and spent the whole day, talking with her and sharing his love and I know Debbie really enjoyed seeing him and talking with him.”
Jolie has yet to release a statement about the passing of Martin, who was the younger sister of her late mother Marcheline Bertrand.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents