Angelina Jolie Loses Aunt Debbie Martin to Breast Cancer
4:17 pm, May 26th, 2013
Angelina Jolie lost her aunt, Debbie Martin, to breast cancer on Sunday.
The sad news comes on the heels of the actress revealing that she recently underwent a double mastectomy.
“Angelina has been in touch throughout the week and her brother Jamie [Haven] has been with us, giving his support day by day,” her uncle Ron Martin told E!.
He added, ”We have seen Angelina a number of times since Debbie was diagnosed with breast cancer and Debbie and I were both very proud of her recent decision to have the double mastectomy and to do everything she can to keep her family from having to go through what we’ve been through.”
Jolie’s uncle further noted, “Angelina’s father Jon Voight has also been tremendously supportive — he came down to see Debbie last Sunday and spent the whole day, talking with her and sharing his love and I know Debbie really enjoyed seeing him and talking with him.”
Jolie has yet to release a statement about the passing of Martin, who was the younger sister of her late mother Marcheline Bertrand.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Who's Ashanti's New NFL Baller Boyfriend?