Angelina Jolie Allowed to Film in Sarajevo Again
10:31 am, October 18th, 2010
Angelina Jolie will be allowed to shoot her directorial debut in Sarajevo after authorities decided to give back her filming permit which was stripped following protests by a rape victims group.
Rumors had claimed that the movie, about the war that ravaged Bosnia in the 1990s, features a rape victim who falls in love with her attacker.
The Association of Women Victims of War protested the project, which led the Bosnian culture minister, Gavrilo Grahovac, to pull Jolie’s permit on October 13.
Edin Sarkic, a producer, said that the filmmakers gave the ministry a script to debunk the controversial reports.
Jolie will now be permitted to start filming in Sarajevo in November.
She is currently shooting in Hungary.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites