Angelina Jolie Allowed to Film in Sarajevo Again
10:31 am, October 18th, 2010
Angelina Jolie will be allowed to shoot her directorial debut in Sarajevo after authorities decided to give back her filming permit which was stripped following protests by a rape victims group.
Rumors had claimed that the movie, about the war that ravaged Bosnia in the 1990s, features a rape victim who falls in love with her attacker.
The Association of Women Victims of War protested the project, which led the Bosnian culture minister, Gavrilo Grahovac, to pull Jolie’s permit on October 13.
Edin Sarkic, a producer, said that the filmmakers gave the ministry a script to debunk the controversial reports.
Jolie will now be permitted to start filming in Sarajevo in November.
She is currently shooting in Hungary.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?