Andy Griffith, TV Icon, Dies at 86
10:15 am, July 3rd, 2012
Andy Griffith has died.
The TV legend was 86.
He died at his home in North Carolina on Tuesday morning, his close friend Bill Friday confirmed.
No official cause of death was given.
Griffith was one of the most beloved television actors of the past half-century, first on “The Andy Griffith Show” and later on the long-running series “Matlock.”
Check out the iconic opening credits sequence of “Andy Griffith,” featuring its star and a young Ron Howard, below.
In May, Griffith’s good friend and co-star George Lindsey, who starred as Goober Pyle on the show, died.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Melissa Joan Hart Should've Checked The Mirror
- Why Did Evan Rachel Wood Date Marilyn Manson?
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Kristen Stewart & Rob Pattinson: 100% Together, Possibly Eloping?!
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related