Anderson Cooper Talks For First Time on TV About Coming Out (VIDEO)
4:04 pm, September 10th, 2012VIDEO
The CNN anchor’s guest co-host Kristin Chenoweth brought up the topic, saying, “I think we’ve both had big summers,” joking, “I just wonder if you’d like to say, I don’t know, maybe, you went out a lot? You came out, and talked…?”
Cooper, blushing and laughing, replied, “So, you heard about that, yeah.”
He revealed, “Everybody in my life has always known… you know, I came out in high school, I told my friends, I told my family, I’ve always been out to my coworkers and stuff.”
Cooper went on to explain, “It’s just not something I talked about publicly because as a reporter I didn’t think it was appropriate. It didn’t seem part of my job.”
But he said that over time his views changed, and he felt it was important to come out because “I didn’t want to send a message that there was anything I was ashamed about or unhappy about or not comfortable with.”
“I appreciate all the support I got and all the encouragement,” Cooper told viewers, adding, “I’m the same person I always was.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank