Anderson Cooper Talks For First Time on TV About Coming Out (VIDEO)
4:04 pm, September 10th, 2012VIDEO
The CNN anchor’s guest co-host Kristin Chenoweth brought up the topic, saying, “I think we’ve both had big summers,” joking, “I just wonder if you’d like to say, I don’t know, maybe, you went out a lot? You came out, and talked…?”
Cooper, blushing and laughing, replied, “So, you heard about that, yeah.”
He revealed, “Everybody in my life has always known… you know, I came out in high school, I told my friends, I told my family, I’ve always been out to my coworkers and stuff.”
Cooper went on to explain, “It’s just not something I talked about publicly because as a reporter I didn’t think it was appropriate. It didn’t seem part of my job.”
But he said that over time his views changed, and he felt it was important to come out because “I didn’t want to send a message that there was anything I was ashamed about or unhappy about or not comfortable with.”
“I appreciate all the support I got and all the encouragement,” Cooper told viewers, adding, “I’m the same person I always was.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids