WATCH: Anderson Cooper Baffled By Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s $39,000 Backpack
4:15 pm, October 7th, 2011VIDEO
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have landed on Anderson Cooper‘s “Ridiculist” for the $39,000 (also listed as $34,000 on some shopping sites) alligator backpack they created for their fashion line The Row.
The trendsetting twins announced earlier this week that the luxury knapsack was the first thing that sold out at the Paris launch of their new handbag collection, something that Cooper found absolutely preposterous.
While the CNN host acknowledges the Olsens’ business and style acumen, he finds it absurd that anyone would pay $39,000 for a backpack.
But it’s not as if the Olsens are the first to create such a steeply priced purse.
Hermes’ Birkin bag, carried by many celebrities and other women of wealth, can cost well over $50,000.
Check out Cooper’s take on the bag situation in the video below, and let us know if you think the Olsens deserve to be on the “Ridiculist.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents