Anderson Cooper: I Went Blind (VIDEO)
4:18 pm, December 4th, 2012VIDEO
Anderson Cooper went temporarily blind while on assignment in Portugal last week.
The “60 Minutes” contributor talked about his health scare on Tuesday’s “Anderson” broadcast.
Cooper explained that he was shooting a story on the water for two hours and hadn’t realized the damage the sun was doing to his eyes.
He recalled, “I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire, my eyeballs, and I think, ‘Oh, maybe I have sand in my eyes or something.’ I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns out I have sunburned my eyeballs and I go blind. I went blind for 36 hours.”
The host showed a picture of himself in an eyepatch, joking, “That’s my new Match.com profile picture, by the way.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents