Anderson Cooper: I Went Blind (VIDEO)
4:18 pm, December 4th, 2012VIDEO
Anderson Cooper went temporarily blind while on assignment in Portugal last week.
The “60 Minutes” contributor talked about his health scare on Tuesday’s “Anderson” broadcast.
Cooper explained that he was shooting a story on the water for two hours and hadn’t realized the damage the sun was doing to his eyes.
He recalled, “I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire, my eyeballs, and I think, ‘Oh, maybe I have sand in my eyes or something.’ I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns out I have sunburned my eyeballs and I go blind. I went blind for 36 hours.”
The host showed a picture of himself in an eyepatch, joking, “That’s my new Match.com profile picture, by the way.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Cher Lloyd Looks Bow-tiful On Red Carpet
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Vinny Guadagnino: My Mom Is a Star
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?