Anderson Cooper: I Went Blind (VIDEO)
4:18 pm, December 4th, 2012VIDEO
Anderson Cooper went temporarily blind while on assignment in Portugal last week.
The “60 Minutes” contributor talked about his health scare on Tuesday’s “Anderson” broadcast.
Cooper explained that he was shooting a story on the water for two hours and hadn’t realized the damage the sun was doing to his eyes.
He recalled, “I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire, my eyeballs, and I think, ‘Oh, maybe I have sand in my eyes or something.’ I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns out I have sunburned my eyeballs and I go blind. I went blind for 36 hours.”
The host showed a picture of himself in an eyepatch, joking, “That’s my new Match.com profile picture, by the way.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?