Anderson Cooper: I Went Blind (VIDEO)
4:18 pm, December 4th, 2012VIDEO
Anderson Cooper went temporarily blind while on assignment in Portugal last week.
The “60 Minutes” contributor talked about his health scare on Tuesday’s “Anderson” broadcast.
Cooper explained that he was shooting a story on the water for two hours and hadn’t realized the damage the sun was doing to his eyes.
He recalled, “I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire, my eyeballs, and I think, ‘Oh, maybe I have sand in my eyes or something.’ I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns out I have sunburned my eyeballs and I go blind. I went blind for 36 hours.”
The host showed a picture of himself in an eyepatch, joking, “That’s my new Match.com profile picture, by the way.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- 14 Iconic Hairstyles Made Popular By Celebrities
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody