Amy Winehouse Died After Detox Seizure, Father Believes
2:20 pm, September 10th, 2011
Amy Winehouse‘s father says he believes the singer died after suffering a seizure triggered by her detox.
“Everything Amy did, she did to excess,” says Winehouse. “She drank to excess and did detox to excess.”
According to her father, Winehouse’s system contained traces of Librium, a prescription drug used to combat anxiety and withdrawal symptoms.
He believes that her body might have been reacting to alcohol detoxification, including the pharmaceuticals, and “there was nobody there to rescue her.”
Mitch Winehouse says Amy’s “periods of abstinence were becoming longer, and the periods of drinking were becoming shorter,” with her recovery “heading in the right direction” before her death.
On July 23, Winehouse was found dead in her apartment at the age of 27.
A full inquest into her death will begin next month.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Mermaid Style: Jade Thirwall's Under The Sea Tee
- 'Dem Babies': 10 Celeb Kids That Are Two Years Old
- Blonde Vs. Brunette Beyonce
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look