Amy Winehouse Died After Detox Seizure, Father Believes
2:20 pm, September 10th, 2011
Amy Winehouse‘s father says he believes the singer died after suffering a seizure triggered by her detox.
“Everything Amy did, she did to excess,” says Winehouse. “She drank to excess and did detox to excess.”
According to her father, Winehouse’s system contained traces of Librium, a prescription drug used to combat anxiety and withdrawal symptoms.
He believes that her body might have been reacting to alcohol detoxification, including the pharmaceuticals, and “there was nobody there to rescue her.”
Mitch Winehouse says Amy’s “periods of abstinence were becoming longer, and the periods of drinking were becoming shorter,” with her recovery “heading in the right direction” before her death.
On July 23, Winehouse was found dead in her apartment at the age of 27.
A full inquest into her death will begin next month.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too