Amy Winehouse Was NOT in Process of Adopting 10-Year-Old Girl
11:56 am, July 31st, 2011EXCLUSIVE
According to the British tab, Winehouse “had started the process of becoming a mum to 10-year-old Dannika Augustine,” who she met on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia two years ago.
Dannika, who lives in poverty with her single mom, even told The Mirror, “Amy was already my mother. I would call her mum and she would call me her daughter. She took care of me and we had fun together. I loved her and she loved me… She was the most amazing person and I was looking forward to living with her here or in London. I cannot believe she is gone. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”
Dannika’s grandmother, Marjorie Lambert, who runs a beach bar in St. Lucia, is also quoted in the tab saying, “Amy used to beg me: ‘I want to adopt Dannika. I want to take her to England.’ She was prepared to move to St. Lucia to be her full-time mum… Amy wanted to have a child so bad. If she had not died, there is no doubt she would be here in St. Lucia completing the adoption process. There is no way she would have done what she did to herself if Dannika was with her.”
This is all a very touching and compelling story — so much so that places like TMZ was completely duped by it.
But a rep for Winehouse confirms exclusively to Gossip Cop, “There’s no truth to it.”
Maybe some media outlets should adopt better fact-checking skills.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet