Amy Robach of GMA Discovers Breast Cancer With On-Air Mammogram, Will Have Double Mastectomy (VIDEO)
9:39 am, November 11th, 2013VIDEO
Amy Robach of “Good Morning America” has breast cancer and will undergo a double mastectomy.
The diagnosis was made after an on-air mammogram — Robach’s first — on the show last month.
She revealed the news on Monday, crediting the test with saving her life.
This Thursday, doctors will perform a bilateral mastectomy followed by reconstructive surgery.
Robach is married to actor Andrew Shue; the couple has five children from their previous marriages.
Check out the emotional video of Robach revealing her diagnosis below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents