Amy Locane-Bovenizer of Melrose Place Sentenced to Three Years In Prison
2:48 pm, February 14th, 2013
Amy Locane-Bovenizer of “Melrose Place” was sentenced to three years in prison on Thursday for killing a New Jersey woman while drunk driving in 2010.
The actress had faced up to 10 years behind bars, but the judge lowered the maximum sentence due to the potential hardship on Locane-Bovenizer’s two children, one of whom has a medical and mental disability.
Last November, she was found guilty of vehicular homicide in the death of Helene Seeman.
Locane-Bovenizer’s blood-alcohol level was almost three times the legal limit when her SUV plowed into the car carrying Seeman and her husband Fred, who was badly injured.
When the sentence was announced in court on Thursday, Fred Seeman yelled, “What a travesty!”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents