American Military Spouses Choir Gets Moving Standing O on America’s Got Talent
9:46 pm, June 18th, 2013VIDEO
The American Military Spouses Choir gave an incredibly moving performance on Tuesday’s “America’s Got Talent.”
The group, which formed last year, is comprised of the wives of active-duty soldiers, and uses music therapy to help veterans suffering from brain injuries and PTSD.
But the panel and the audience weren’t simply being courteous with their standing ovation, as the singers — ranging in age from 20-56 — showed off gorgeous voices on “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.”
Howie Mandel told the performers, ”It’s so uplifting and so inspirational and so wonderful that you’re doing this and that you’re healing people with this and entertaining people with this that I was just overjoyed to sit here and listen to you.”
Mel B agreed, saying, “I think that’s exactly what you’ve done for us today, lifted up the entire room.”
Heidi Klum said the song choice was “perfect,” and confessed, “It was hard to not start crying.”
And Howard Stern noted, “You remind me how lucky we are to live in this country and have men and women who serve,” going on to especially commend the “fantastic” soloists.
“This whole group came together and we discovered some great talent,” continued the radio host, adding, “We soared with you.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court