Amber Riley and Derek Hough Win Dancing with the Stars!
10:57 pm, November 26th, 2013VIDEO
“Dancing With the Stars” crowned Amber Riley and Derek Hough its Season 17 winners on Tuesday!
Read on to find out how it all went down!
The three remaining couples — Amber Riley & Derek Hough, Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff, and Jack Osbourne & Cheryl Burke — first had to each perform a fusion dance consisting of two dance styles and one song as chosen on Monday’s show by their competitors.
With only 24 hours to prepare, each duo gave it their best, leading Corbin and Jack to both score a 27, while Amber — Monday’s frontrunner based on points — received a perfect 30.
Those scores were combined with Monday’s judges’ points and viewers’ votes to determine the final results.
So, which duo came in third?
Osbourne and Burke, marking, coincidentally, the third instance the two-time winner had to settle for the bronze position, and allowing the former reality star to tie sister Kelly’s third place finish in season 9.
That left Riley & Hough in contention with Bleu & Smirnoff.
And the Mirror Ball went to…
Riley and Hough!
This marks the FIFTH win for Hough, who previously came in first with Brooke Burke (season 7), Nicole Scherzinger (season 10), Jennifer Grey (season 11), and Kellie Pickler (season 16).
It’s also the second time Hough has won back-to-back seasons — and in the same calendar year to boot — and he remains the winningiest partner in the show’s history.
Season 13 winner Smirnoff, meanwhile, gets to celebrate the second time she landed the silver position.
Check out the VIDEO below!
Are you happy with the results?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Beautiful Celebs In Their Favorite Designer Bikinis
- You'll Never Guess Who Inspired Charlize Theron's Oscars Makeup
- A Baby On the Way for Scarlett Johansson?
- Julia Roberts Accused of Bullying Recently Deceased Half-Sister
- Mel Gibson's Baby Momma Files Bankruptcy
- Why Did Brandy End Her Engagement?
- Jada Pinkett Smith Brags About Packing On the Pounds
- Co-Parenting Done Right: Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie's Modern Family
- Dr. Oz's Daughter Daphne Oz Welcomes a Daughter!
- Inspirational Gay Actors That Put Negative Stereotypes to Shame