Amber Riley and Derek Hough Win Dancing with the Stars!
10:57 pm, November 26th, 2013VIDEO
“Dancing With the Stars” crowned Amber Riley and Derek Hough its Season 17 winners on Tuesday!
Read on to find out how it all went down!
The three remaining couples — Amber Riley & Derek Hough, Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff, and Jack Osbourne & Cheryl Burke — first had to each perform a fusion dance consisting of two dance styles and one song as chosen on Monday’s show by their competitors.
With only 24 hours to prepare, each duo gave it their best, leading Corbin and Jack to both score a 27, while Amber — Monday’s frontrunner based on points — received a perfect 30.
Those scores were combined with Monday’s judges’ points and viewers’ votes to determine the final results.
So, which duo came in third?
Osbourne and Burke, marking, coincidentally, the third instance the two-time winner had to settle for the bronze position, and allowing the former reality star to tie sister Kelly’s third place finish in season 9.
That left Riley & Hough in contention with Bleu & Smirnoff.
And the Mirror Ball went to…
Riley and Hough!
This marks the FIFTH win for Hough, who previously came in first with Brooke Burke (season 7), Nicole Scherzinger (season 10), Jennifer Grey (season 11), and Kellie Pickler (season 16).
It’s also the second time Hough has won back-to-back seasons — and in the same calendar year to boot — and he remains the winningiest partner in the show’s history.
Season 13 winner Smirnoff, meanwhile, gets to celebrate the second time she landed the silver position.
Check out the VIDEO below!
Are you happy with the results?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents