Teen Mom Star Amber Portwood Makes Plea Deal, Risks 5 Years in Prison
8:00 pm, January 27th, 2012
The reality star, who was busted for violating her probation after being found with prescription drugs, can avoid a five-year prison sentence… IF she successfully completes a court-mandated drug rehabilitation program.
As part of the agreement, Portwood pled guilty to possession of a controlled substance and a probation violation, according to TMZ.
Her case will be dismissed altogether if she completes the rehab program; if not, she will be thrown in jail.
A judge will rule on the proposed deal in a February 6 hearing.
Portwood is on probation for assaulting her baby daddy Gary Shirley in a violent outburst filmed by MTV cameras for “Teen Mom.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted