Amber Portwood of Teen Mom Sentenced to Five Years in Prison
11:54 am, June 5th, 2012
Amber Portwood got her wish — a five-year prison sentence.
A judge in Indiana reimposed the “Teen Mom” star’s original jail sentence on Tuesday after Portwood asked to be removed from a drug rehab program she’d been unable to fulfill as part of a plea agreement.
Portwood’s lawyer reportedly asked for leniency during the court appearance, but the judge decided to enforce the terms of her agreement and referred her to the Indiana Department of Corrections therapeutic community program, according to TMZ.
In other words, she’s returning to formal incarceration.
Portwood will receive credit for time already served.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture