Amber Holcomb Gets Standing Ovation for Whitney Houston Cover on American Idol
9:47 pm, March 5th, 2013VIDEO
Amber Holcomb got a standing ovation from all four judges on the first live “American Idol” episode of the season.
The 18-year-old was among the 10 female finalists to perform, and absolutely nailed Whitney Houston’s “I Believe In You and Me.”
“Good lord. Amber, what a perfect song for you,” Keith Urban told her. “You had no shortage of confidence and rightly so.”
Nicki Minaj said Holcomb’s rendition was more than a $10 million performance, and added, “Your vocals are surpassing even this competition. Nothing that came before you is even on that level.”
Noted Randy Jackson, “Amber is definitely in it to win it right now… You take on one of the greatest ever and you work it out.”
And Mariah Carey said she “loved” Holcolmb’s take on the classic song, adding, “You’re 18 years old and you can sing your behind off.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court