Amare Stoudemire and Alexis Welch Get Engaged in Paris! (PHOTO)
4:16 pm, June 3rd, 2012
The New York Knicks player proposed to Welch, the mother of his three children, in Paris on Saturday night.
Stoudemire surprised Welch with a 8.5-carat diamond ring – reportedly worth more than $1 million - he designed with the help of celebrity jeweler Shayan Afshar (see photo at right).
The NBA star hinted to his plans on Twitter Thursday, when he shared a picture of himself and Welch in France, noting it was a “very romantic” place.
“I have been planning my proposal for a while and overlooking the entire Paris skyline seemed like a perfect place,” Stoudemire tells People.
He adds, “I am so happy she said ‘yes,’ and now we can continue to build our life together as husband and wife.”
The couple, who met in 2002, plan to wed next year.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?