Amare Stoudemire and Alexis Welch Get Engaged in Paris! (PHOTO)
4:16 pm, June 3rd, 2012
The New York Knicks player proposed to Welch, the mother of his three children, in Paris on Saturday night.
Stoudemire surprised Welch with a 8.5-carat diamond ring – reportedly worth more than $1 million - he designed with the help of celebrity jeweler Shayan Afshar (see photo at right).
The NBA star hinted to his plans on Twitter Thursday, when he shared a picture of himself and Welch in France, noting it was a “very romantic” place.
“I have been planning my proposal for a while and overlooking the entire Paris skyline seemed like a perfect place,” Stoudemire tells People.
He adds, “I am so happy she said ‘yes,’ and now we can continue to build our life together as husband and wife.”
The couple, who met in 2002, plan to wed next year.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Shirtless One Direction Members Announce Tour
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Blonde Bombshell: Anne Hathaway
- Hot Supermodels And Their Kids
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down