Amanda Knox to Be Retried for Roommate Murder
9:41 am, March 26th, 2013
The stunning turn of events in the sensational saga means that the case against Knox, who returned to the United States after a four-year jail stint in Italy, will face a new trial in an appeals court in Florence, although she cannot be forced to be there.
In a statement, Knox called the court’s decision “painful,” contending that “the prosecution’s theory of my involvement in Meredith’s murder has been repeatedly revealed to be completely unfounded and unfair.”
“No matter what happens, my family and I will face this continuing legal battle as we always have, confident in the truth and with our heads held high in the face of wrongful accusations and unreasonable adversity,” said the now-25 year old Knox.
Knox and a former boyfriend named Raffaele Sollecito were arrested shortly after Kercher’s death and convicted of murder in 2009.
The original case and Knox’s 2011 victory drew international attention.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank