Amanda Bynes Psychiatric Hold Extended By Judge for Two Weeks: Report
10:23 pm, July 25th, 2013
Amanda Bynes will be held in a Los Angeles psychiatric hospital beyond her original 72-hour hold.
On Thursday evening, doctors treating the former child star convinced a judge to extend Bynes’ involuntary stay for an additional two weeks.
Doctors reportedly sought the extension to have adequate time to properly diagnose the actress, and because they believe she poses a danger to herself and others.
A lawyer for Bynes also went before the judge at the medical facility to argue that she should be released, but the public official sided with the doctors, reports TMZ.
Had the judge not granted the extension, Bynes would’ve been released in a matter of hours.
Earlier Thursday, Bynes’ mother reportedly filed a petition for conservatorship over the troubled actress, whose erratic behavior in recent months has raised questions about her mental well-being.
A court hearing on the matter is slated for Friday.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents