Amanda Bynes Psychiatric Hold Extended By Judge for Two Weeks: Report
10:23 pm, July 25th, 2013
Amanda Bynes will be held in a Los Angeles psychiatric hospital beyond her original 72-hour hold.
On Thursday evening, doctors treating the former child star convinced a judge to extend Bynes’ involuntary stay for an additional two weeks.
Doctors reportedly sought the extension to have adequate time to properly diagnose the actress, and because they believe she poses a danger to herself and others.
A lawyer for Bynes also went before the judge at the medical facility to argue that she should be released, but the public official sided with the doctors, reports TMZ.
Had the judge not granted the extension, Bynes would’ve been released in a matter of hours.
Earlier Thursday, Bynes’ mother reportedly filed a petition for conservatorship over the troubled actress, whose erratic behavior in recent months has raised questions about her mental well-being.
A court hearing on the matter is slated for Friday.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Niall Horan Gets Dream Date With Katy Perry?