Amanda Bynes DENIED in Attempt to Leave Psych Ward: Report
7:59 pm, August 1st, 2013
Amanda Bynes has reportedly been denied in her bid to leave the psychiatric hospital where she’s been detained for more than a week after alarming behavior ended with the actress starting a fire in a stranger’s driveway.
According to TMZ, the troubled actress and her attorney appeared before a judge on Thursday, arguing that she does not pose a danger to herself or others, and that there’s no basis for the extended two-week hold.
But despite progress reports indicating that Bynes has improved in recent days, the judge reportedly sided with doctors who believe the star needs to stay hospitalized for the time being.
It’s not clear when Bynes will be allowed to leave the facility.
As Gossip Cop reported, her parents are attempting to gain a legal conservatorship over Bynes, claiming that she’s not capable of caring for herself.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties