Amanda Bynes DENIED in Attempt to Leave Psych Ward: Report
7:59 pm, August 1st, 2013
Amanda Bynes has reportedly been denied in her bid to leave the psychiatric hospital where she’s been detained for more than a week after alarming behavior ended with the actress starting a fire in a stranger’s driveway.
According to TMZ, the troubled actress and her attorney appeared before a judge on Thursday, arguing that she does not pose a danger to herself or others, and that there’s no basis for the extended two-week hold.
But despite progress reports indicating that Bynes has improved in recent days, the judge reportedly sided with doctors who believe the star needs to stay hospitalized for the time being.
It’s not clear when Bynes will be allowed to leave the facility.
As Gossip Cop reported, her parents are attempting to gain a legal conservatorship over Bynes, claiming that she’s not capable of caring for herself.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?