Amanda Bynes Charged with DUI, Asks President Obama to Fire Arresting Officer
9:13 pm, June 5th, 2012
Amanda Bynes has officially been charged with DUI, more than two months after she was arrested following an incident in West Hollywood.
As Gossip Gop previously reported, the actress was taken into custody for driving under the influence on April 6 after allegedly swiping a police vehicle and driving off.
Bynes, who refused to take a Breathalyzer or blood test, is now facing an enhanced misdemeanor DUI charge, which carries a penalty of up to 6 months in jail and a minimum of 48 hours, according to TMZ.
After news of the charge broke late Tuesday, the former “What I Like About You” star took to Twitter ask the President – yes, really – for help with the situation.
“Hey @BarackObama… I don’t drink. Please fire the cop who arrested me,” Bynes tweeted.
She added, “I also don’t hit and run. The end.”
Bynes also wrote on Twitter last week, “I can’t help but laugh at all of you writing fake stories about me. I was not in any hit and runs. I don’t drink so the DUI is false.”
What do you think of Bynes’ comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On