Amanda Bynes Charged with DUI, Asks President Obama to Fire Arresting Officer
9:13 pm, June 5th, 2012
Amanda Bynes has officially been charged with DUI, more than two months after she was arrested following an incident in West Hollywood.
As Gossip Gop previously reported, the actress was taken into custody for driving under the influence on April 6 after allegedly swiping a police vehicle and driving off.
Bynes, who refused to take a Breathalyzer or blood test, is now facing an enhanced misdemeanor DUI charge, which carries a penalty of up to 6 months in jail and a minimum of 48 hours, according to TMZ.
After news of the charge broke late Tuesday, the former “What I Like About You” star took to Twitter ask the President – yes, really – for help with the situation.
“Hey @BarackObama… I don’t drink. Please fire the cop who arrested me,” Bynes tweeted.
She added, “I also don’t hit and run. The end.”
Bynes also wrote on Twitter last week, “I can’t help but laugh at all of you writing fake stories about me. I was not in any hit and runs. I don’t drink so the DUI is false.”
What do you think of Bynes’ comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- 3 Reasons Blue Ivy Is Suspicious
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups
- Miley Severed Justin & Selena's Relationship
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings