Amanda Bynes Conservatorship Decision Delayed; Parents Say She’s Paranoid, Homeless, Blowing Through Cash
2:09 pm, July 26th, 2013
Amanda Bynes’ parents had their bid for a temporary conservatorship over their troubled daughter delayed on Friday, with a judge determining that the decision to extend her psychiatric hospitalization means the matter can be revisited at a future hearing, when more information has been gathered.
But what’s clear is that Rick and Lynn Bynes are immensely concerned about the actress’ current state.
In conservatorship request documents obtained by TMZ, the star’s parents say she’s ”extremely paranoid about being watched” and covers smoke alarms and windows because she fears people are spying on her.
Bynes’ mom and dad added that their daughter has “profound issues with her body image” and is “obsessed with the fact that she (and others) are ugly.”
Her parents also think she has a substance abuse problem, and believe she’s spent a significant amount of money on drugs.
They say she had $4 million in the bank, but has recently blown through $1.2 million, including single-day withdrawals of $100,000.
A judge will have to decide whether this is ultimately enough to grant Bynes’ parents a conservatorship.
The Easy A star is expected in court later on Friday to fight the two-week hospitalization.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own