Amanda Bynes Settles Hit-and-Run Case; Criminal Charges Dismissed
7:11 pm, December 14th, 2012
Amanda Bynes has entered into a civil settlement in her hit-and-run case, and the related misdemeanor criminal charges against the actress have been dismissed.
She had been facing legal action over incidents from last April and August in which Bynes allegedly left the scene following vehicular accidents.
In September, Bynes was officially charged and faced potential jail time upon conviction.
But according to court documents, on Thursday Bynes’ attorney informed the court that she had struck a financial settlement with the other drivers, persuading the judge to dismiss the pending misdemeanor counts.
Prosecutors objected to the dismissal of charges, citing a litany of incidents in which Bynes has gotten into trouble on the roads of California.
Bynes is still on the hook in a DUI case and driving with a suspended license.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties