Amanda Bynes Settles Hit-and-Run Case; Criminal Charges Dismissed
7:11 pm, December 14th, 2012
Amanda Bynes has entered into a civil settlement in her hit-and-run case, and the related misdemeanor criminal charges against the actress have been dismissed.
She had been facing legal action over incidents from last April and August in which Bynes allegedly left the scene following vehicular accidents.
In September, Bynes was officially charged and faced potential jail time upon conviction.
But according to court documents, on Thursday Bynes’ attorney informed the court that she had struck a financial settlement with the other drivers, persuading the judge to dismiss the pending misdemeanor counts.
Prosecutors objected to the dismissal of charges, citing a litany of incidents in which Bynes has gotten into trouble on the roads of California.
Bynes is still on the hook in a DUI case and driving with a suspended license.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress