Alyson Hannigan Gets Restraining Order Against Former Mental Patient: Report
7:15 pm, February 13th, 2013
Alyson Hannigan is fearing for her life, and the safety of her family, after allegedly being harassed by a former mental patient.
The “How I Met Your Mother” star has obtained a temporary restraining order against John Hobbs, whom she claims has threatened to kill her.
Hannigan alleges that Hobbs has been using social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace, as well as her own official site, to post messages about her.
In her petition, the TV actress said Hobbs is “mentally unstable and was recently discharged from a mental hospital.”
The stay-away order applies to Hannigan, as well as her husband Alexis Denisof and their two young children, reports TMZ.
During a hearing slated for March 6, a judge will determine whether to make the restraining order permanent.
Hannigan’s second daughter, Keeva Jane, was born last May.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Fred Armisen Gives Heartfelt Farewell To SNL
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Mysterious Celebrity Face Changes
- Remember When: Amanda Bynes, What Happened?