Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Embroiled in Girls Fight?
5:23 pm, February 6th, 2013
The magazine notes the HBO show’s creator and star is “the darling of Hollywood,” but claims Williams is “beginning to resent her place on the back burner and is plotting to steal some of the spotlight.”
A purported “insider” tells the tabloid, “Allison doesn’t want to make an enemy out of Lena because she’s essentially her boss, but she’s desperate to sign a major fashion deal.”
Actually, Williams just landed an endorsement deal with Simple Skincare, so there doesn’t seem to be any “desperation” there.
Also, it’s safe to assume that writer-director-actor Dunham, who is now developing an HBO show based on legendary New York stylist Betty Halbreich, is not going to feel threatened by her costar getting a new gig.
Anyhow, the tabloid’s so-called “insider” goes on to allege that Williams is “really jealous of all the awards and attention Lena is getting.”
So, is the tension between Williams’ and Dunham’s “Girls” characters seriously carrying over into real life?
Not. At. All.
Gossip Cop spoke with a source close to Williams, who tells us the mag’s story is laughable, adding that the actors have actually become quite good friends.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Hotties to Notties: Stars Who Lost Their Mojo