Alicia Keys launching contest to take five people to Africa
7:41 am, December 1st, 2009
Want to hang out with Alicia Keys? Want to see Africa?
Well, you can do both. Keys, who was so touched by her first trip to the continent, is going to launch a contest tonight through her charity, Keep a Child Alive, and five lucky people will get to travel with her across Africa.
Keys says her first trip to Africa was life-changing, and she wants others to have a similar experience on a five-day trip next year.
The Grammy-winning singer is set to announce the contest — coinciding with World AIDS Day — when she performs tonight at New York’s Nokia Theatre.
Can’t be there?
Don’t worry. Keys’ concert will be streamed live on YouTube at 8 p.m. EST. Check it out and good luck!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank