Alicia Keys Named BlackBerry Global Creative Director
11:39 am, January 30th, 2013
Alicia Keys was named BlackBerry Global Creative Director on Wednesday.
The performer was introduced on stage during the company’s BlackBerry 10 launch in New York.
“Alicia Keys has come to BlackBerry because she believes in the product and technology, and subscribes to our overriding philosophy to ‘Keep Moving’: to empower people through mobile computing and communications,” said BlackBerry President and CEO Thorsten Heins in a statement.
He added, “We are excited she will be bringing to us her enormous capabilities, as well as a vast network of relationships in the entertainment, social media and business communities, to help shape our brand and grow our business.”
“In her new role, Alicia will work closely with app developers, content creators, retailers, carriers and the entertainment community to further shape and enhance the BlackBerry 10 platform, and inspire creative use through its remarkable capabilities and functionality,” reads a statement on Keys’ website.
It continues, “From music to books, to film, to apps, Keys will lead the charge of enhancing entertainment consumption and distribution, through the power of BlackBerry 10.”
BlackBerry changed its official company name from Research In Motion on Wednesday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Remember When: Amanda Bynes, What Happened?
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Fred Armisen Gives Heartfelt Farewell To SNL
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Gwyneth Paltrow Is The Most Hated Celeb In Hollywood