Alicia Keys Named BlackBerry Global Creative Director
11:39 am, January 30th, 2013
Alicia Keys was named BlackBerry Global Creative Director on Wednesday.
The performer was introduced on stage during the company’s BlackBerry 10 launch in New York.
“Alicia Keys has come to BlackBerry because she believes in the product and technology, and subscribes to our overriding philosophy to ‘Keep Moving’: to empower people through mobile computing and communications,” said BlackBerry President and CEO Thorsten Heins in a statement.
He added, “We are excited she will be bringing to us her enormous capabilities, as well as a vast network of relationships in the entertainment, social media and business communities, to help shape our brand and grow our business.”
“In her new role, Alicia will work closely with app developers, content creators, retailers, carriers and the entertainment community to further shape and enhance the BlackBerry 10 platform, and inspire creative use through its remarkable capabilities and functionality,” reads a statement on Keys’ website.
It continues, “From music to books, to film, to apps, Keys will lead the charge of enhancing entertainment consumption and distribution, through the power of BlackBerry 10.”
BlackBerry changed its official company name from Research In Motion on Wednesday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?