Alfonso Ribeiro Injured Back Might Force Him To Quit Dancing With The Stars
Alfonso Ribeiro might need to leave “Dancing with the Stars” with a back injury. A production source tells Gossip Cop there’s a chance the actor and fan favorite will have to pull out of the hit competition series before the semifinals after seriously hurting his back earlier this week during rehearsals. “It has not been determined whether or not he will be able to perform on Monday,” says our insider.
Ribeiro is having trouble walking, much less dancing. He missed Thursday rehearsals in order to get an MRI. The report claims Ribeiro’s physicians have said the next 48 hours are critical in determining whether he’ll be cleared to continue competing on the show.
The star hurt his groin earlier this season while performing his famous Carlton Dance from “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.” Ribeiro’s back injury reportedly occurred while he was overcompensating for that prior injury. The actor and his pro partner Witney Carson have been among the frontrunners during this season of “Dancing with the Stars,” earning a perfect score from the judges on Monday’s show with their amazing trio dance alongside Lindsay Arnold.
Gossip Cop reached out to a rep for the show for comment on the latest injury report. We will have updates. Would you be disappointed if Ribeiro is unable to continue on “Dancing with the Stars”?