Alex Welch Opens Up About Demi Lovato Punching Her
3:58 pm, December 6th, 2010
“To this day, I haven’t gotten an apology. I’ve heard nothing,” she tells People magazine. “That’s sad if you think that person is your friend.”
A source close to Lovato tells Gossip Cop, “Demi is focused on her treatment right now and hasn’t been able to call Alex directly,” but adds, “Her mother and stepfather have reached out through intermediaries to both Alex and her parents – they were told that they did not wish to speak with them.”
Regardless, Welch says before the fisticuffs, tour managers gave Lovato a talking to because “she had gotten in trouble” the night before.
What precisely happened is not mentioned.
Welch goes on to relate that Lovato was upset about being snitched on, and “pulled the dancers in a room and threatened: ‘If I find out who told on me …’ ”
Because Welch hadn’t witnessed the incident the night before – and hadn’t spoken to anyone about it – she didn’t think twice about Lovato’s warning.
Next thing she knows, says Welch, “We were on the plane with the Jonases having this awesome time and… she walks up and punches me and literally walked away and got in her seat.”
What followed was Lovato checking into a facility for “emotional and physical issues,” while Welch was left with a black eye and bruised cheekbone.
Though Welch didn’t suffer any permanent damage, she’s considering civil litigation.
What do you think of Welch’s story?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Celebs Who Hate Each Other
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides