Alex Trebek Hurt While Chasing Burglar Who Broke Into Hotel Room As He Slept
5:12 pm, July 27th, 2011
Alex Trebek was injured while chasing a burglar at his San Francisco hotel.
A woman identified as Lucinda Moyers broke into the “Jeopardy!” host’s room as he and his wife slept at approximately 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday.
Trebek woke up and chased the intruder, tearing his Achilles tendon and injuring his other leg.
Hotel security stopped Moyers, who had grabbed some of Trebek’s cash.
She was later arrested by the police, and booked for burglary and possession of stolen property.
Trebek, who is 71, appeared on crutches today at the National Geographic World Championship competition on Google’s Mountain View, California campus.
The game show host says he is OK.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet