Alex Trebek Hurt While Chasing Burglar Who Broke Into Hotel Room As He Slept
5:12 pm, July 27th, 2011
Alex Trebek was injured while chasing a burglar at his San Francisco hotel.
A woman identified as Lucinda Moyers broke into the “Jeopardy!” host’s room as he and his wife slept at approximately 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday.
Trebek woke up and chased the intruder, tearing his Achilles tendon and injuring his other leg.
Hotel security stopped Moyers, who had grabbed some of Trebek’s cash.
She was later arrested by the police, and booked for burglary and possession of stolen property.
Trebek, who is 71, appeared on crutches today at the National Geographic World Championship competition on Google’s Mountain View, California campus.
The game show host says he is OK.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Selena Never Focused On Jelena Attention