Alex Trebek Burglar Facing 25 Years to Life in Prison
9:51 am, August 2nd, 2011
And now it’s emerged that the woman suspected of the attempted theft, 56-year-old Lucinda Moyers, is facing 25 years to life in prison for the crime.
Here’s why: Moyers already has two burglary convictions on her record, and under the “three strikes” law, defendants with two previous serious felonies who are convicted of a third felony can be sentenced to 25 years to life.
San Francisco district attorney’s spokeswoman Erica Terry Derryck said that because Moyers attempted to commit the crime in an occupied room, “It is a serious, violent felony.”
Moyers pled not guilty at her arraignment yesterday, claiming she was at the hotel for “a date,” but the man was drunk, and as she waited for the elevator to leave, Trebek approached her and asked her if she’d been in his room.
She claims she took off running because she got scared, and that when the “Jeopardy” host confronted her she “didn’t even know who he was.”
Moyers was detained by security guards in the hotel lobby.
The alleged burglar remains in jail on $625,000 bail, and is scheduled to return to court on August 15.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet