Grocery Store Apologizes to Alec Baldwin for Pulling Ads; Commercials Back on Air
10:13 am, January 4th, 2012UPDATE
New York-based grocery chain Wegmans is apologizing to Alec Baldwin for yanking a series of ads featuring the actor.
On Wednesday morning, the store revealed it was pulling the commercials after numerous customers complained about the plane incident in which Baldwin was removed from a flight after refusing to turn off his phone.
The commercials were due to run for three weeks beginning in December, but were cut one week short following the complaints.
But now, Wegmans has decided to put the ads back on the air, telling Gossip Cop in a statement, “We regret ending the Alec Baldwin holiday commercials one week earlier than planned in response to a couple of dozen complaints. We have decided to run the commercials again, effective immediately.”
The store’s rep adds, “Clearly, many more people support Alec, as evidenced by the hundreds and hundreds of tweets, emails, and phone calls we have received. We enjoyed working with Alec Baldwin and his mom, Carol, and would do it again. We appreciate all the kind things they have said about Wegmans and respect the good work they do for communities.”
Check out the commercial below.
What do you think of Wegmans complete 180 regarding the Baldwin ads?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'