Grocery Store Apologizes to Alec Baldwin for Pulling Ads; Commercials Back on Air
10:13 am, January 4th, 2012UPDATE
New York-based grocery chain Wegmans is apologizing to Alec Baldwin for yanking a series of ads featuring the actor.
On Wednesday morning, the store revealed it was pulling the commercials after numerous customers complained about the plane incident in which Baldwin was removed from a flight after refusing to turn off his phone.
The commercials were due to run for three weeks beginning in December, but were cut one week short following the complaints.
But now, Wegmans has decided to put the ads back on the air, telling Gossip Cop in a statement, “We regret ending the Alec Baldwin holiday commercials one week earlier than planned in response to a couple of dozen complaints. We have decided to run the commercials again, effective immediately.”
The store’s rep adds, “Clearly, many more people support Alec, as evidenced by the hundreds and hundreds of tweets, emails, and phone calls we have received. We enjoyed working with Alec Baldwin and his mom, Carol, and would do it again. We appreciate all the kind things they have said about Wegmans and respect the good work they do for communities.”
Check out the commercial below.
What do you think of Wegmans complete 180 regarding the Baldwin ads?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries