Alec Baldwin’s MSNBC Show Pulled After Paparazzi Altercations and Slurs, Actor Offers Apology
7:47 pm, November 15th, 2013
Alec Baldwin’s MSNBC show has been pulled in the wake of several violent and homophobic incidents with the paparazzi over the course of the last two days.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the actor and TV host allegedly called a photographer a “c**ksucking f*g” on Thursday, and had three more separate altercations with the media on Friday.
On Friday night, it was announced that MSNBC would not air his 10 p.m. show, “Up Late with Alec Baldwin,” as usual, and that the broadcast had been yanked from next week’s schedule as well.
The network also shared a statement on Baldwin’s behalf:
I would like to address the comments I made this past week.
I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry. Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward. What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable. Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support. I understand “Up Late” will be taken off the schedule for tonight and next week.
I want to apologize to my loyal fans and to my colleagues at msnbc – both for my actions and for distracting from their good work. Again, please accept my apology.
What do you think of MSNBC’s decision to suspend the show, and Baldwin’s apology?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?