Alec Baldwin Getting Late Night NBC Show, Replacing Carson Daly?
9:55 pm, April 9th, 2013
Alec Baldwin could be the newest addition to NBC’s late-night lineup, according to a new report.
The “30 Rock” star is said to be in early talks for a half-hour show in the 1:35 a.m. timeslot, which is currently occupied by “Last Call with Carson Daly.”
Baldwin currently hosts his own WNYC podcast, “Here’s The Thing,” where he tackles news issues and interviews stars.
A source close to the situation tells Gossip Cop that “people have been impressed with his radio podcast series and have thought about him for these opportunities.”
But there’s “nothing to discuss right now,” insists our insider.
NBC’s late-night schedule has been in a state of upheaval, with the recent announcement that Jimmy Fallon will take over “The Tonight Show” and replace Jay Leno next year.
That leaves a spot open on Fallon’s “Late Night,” which reportedly could be filled by “SNL” star Seth Meyers.
The Baldwin development was first reported by The New York Times.
A rep for Baldwin declined to comment.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z