Alec Baldwin Admits to Homophobic Slur, Gets Ripped By Anderson Cooper
11:48 am, November 15th, 2013
Alec Baldwin has admitted to making a homophobic slur during his heated encounter with a paparazzo on Thursday — although not the one he was accused of saying.
Following his outburst, the actor took to Twitter to say, “Rich Ferraro from @GLAAD informs me that c’sucker is an anti-gay epithet. In which case I apologize and will retire it from my vocabulary.”
TMZ and other outlets point to video of the incident and say that it sounds as though Baldwin actually said “c**ksucking f*g.”
The star contends that he said “fathead.”
GLAAD seems less than satisfied with Baldwin’s apology, saying in a statement, “Mr. Baldwin can’t lend his support for equality on paper, while degrading gay people in practice. It’s clearly time he listens to the calls from so many LGBT people and allies to end this pattern of anti-gay slurs.”
And CNN anchor Anderson Cooper, who has blasted Baldwin in the past for alleged anti-gay slurs, renewed his criticism of the actor.
“Wow, Alec Baldwin shows his true colors yet again,” tweeted Cooper on Friday. “How is he going to lie and excuse his anti-gay slurs this time?”
The newsman later wrote, “Just read Alec Baldwin’s latest excuses. They are actually so ridiculous they are funny.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Rachel Zoe and Anne Hathaway's Major Break Up Shocker
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video