REPORT: Al Pacino to Play Joe Paterno
6:40 pm, September 7th, 2012
Al Pacino is reportedly attached to a project in which he’d portray Joe Paterno, the iconic Penn State football coach who died last January, shortly after his career ended in disgrace when it was determined he had helped cover up longtime defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky’s serial rape of children.
The movie would be based on “Paterno,” the just-released and controversial biography by sportswriter Joe Posnanski.
Nothing has been confirmed at this point, but Pacino’s agency is trying to put the deal together, according to Deadline.
Gossip Cop is looking to confirm more details about the potential project.
Pacino played a football coach (albeit a fictional one) in Any Given Sunday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- Emma Watson's Most Fabulous Short Hair Styles
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- An Unforgettable One Direction Game!
- Jack McBrayer Talks Life After "30 Rock"
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?