Adele Undergoes Throat Surgery to Fix Condition That Derailed Tour
4:39 pm, November 7th, 2011
Adele has undergone laser throat surgery in Boston on Monday to stop recurrent bleeding from a benign polyp in her vocal cord.
The singer’s hemorrhaging forced her to cancel her 10-city U.S. tour last month.
A spokesman for Massachusetts General Hospital said Dr. Steven Zeitels, director of the hospital’s Voice Center, performed the laser microsurgery, and also said that the “Rolling in the Deep” singer would make a full recovery.
Rumors spread a little more than a week ago that Adele had throat cancer, but it’s untrue.
Columbia Records announced in October that that Adele would have an operation “to alleviate the current issues with her throat” and must “completely recuperate before looking to schedule any more work commitments.”
Adele’s chart-topping 21 album has sold over 4 million copies.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?