Adele: My Next Album Is Years Away
9:18 pm, December 9th, 2011
Fans of chart-topping Adele will have to savor her album “21″ for a while longer.
The “Someone Like You” singer tells Billboard magazine that she hasn’t written any new music and doesn’t plan to release a new record for at least two years.
“I imagine I’ll be 25 or 26 by the time my next record comes out, as I haven’t even thought about my third record yet,” the 23-year-old reveals.
Adele, who the magazine named its Artist of the Year, says she’s “really looking forward to some time to do nothing.”
“I’m just gonna lay some concrete, set up home and just ‘be’ for a bit,” she explains. “I’ll disappear and come back with a record when it’s good enough. There will be no new music until it’s good enough and until I’m ready.”
Noting the operation “couldn’t have gone better,” Adele tells the magazine she still needs to “build [herself] back up vocally.”
“It’s gonna be a lot easier for me to sing now. And mentally I won’t be worried about my voice on stage anymore,” she says. “So I have to get used to that. That’ll take most of January, so February I’ll be singing properly!”
The Grammys will take place in Los Angeles on February 12.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too