Adam Levine Renews Assault on MTV: “Just Fed Up With The Whole Thing”
5:37 pm, August 30th, 2011
Adam Levine isn’t backing down from his critical comments about MTV.
Before the Video Music Awards, the Maroon 5 singer tweeted his disgust with the network for abandoning the music on which it was built.
“The VMA’s. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music,” he wrote. “I’m drawing a line in the sand. f**k you VMA’s.”
Now, Levine has expanded on his slam with comments to E!
“It’s public knowledge that [MTV's] not a music channel,” he says, explaining that he “worshipped” the VMAs when he was younger.
He adds, “There were a lot of memorable moments and not only that, it was music television. It was a celebratory day that represented what the channel stood for.”
Now, says Levine, “It’s sad. It’s like seeing Tower Records in L.A. as a clothing store. I was just fed up with the whole thing. It is what it is. It was a very off-the-cuff statement that I definitely stood by.”
Levine, who also stars on “The Voice,” hasn’t been afraid to speak his mind of late.
He recently blasted rival “American Idol” for its treatment of gay performers.
Do you agree with his assessment of MTV?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting