Adam Levine Renews Assault on MTV: “Just Fed Up With The Whole Thing”
5:37 pm, August 30th, 2011
Adam Levine isn’t backing down from his critical comments about MTV.
Before the Video Music Awards, the Maroon 5 singer tweeted his disgust with the network for abandoning the music on which it was built.
“The VMA’s. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music,” he wrote. “I’m drawing a line in the sand. f**k you VMA’s.”
Now, Levine has expanded on his slam with comments to E!
“It’s public knowledge that [MTV's] not a music channel,” he says, explaining that he “worshipped” the VMAs when he was younger.
He adds, “There were a lot of memorable moments and not only that, it was music television. It was a celebratory day that represented what the channel stood for.”
Now, says Levine, “It’s sad. It’s like seeing Tower Records in L.A. as a clothing store. I was just fed up with the whole thing. It is what it is. It was a very off-the-cuff statement that I definitely stood by.”
Levine, who also stars on “The Voice,” hasn’t been afraid to speak his mind of late.
He recently blasted rival “American Idol” for its treatment of gay performers.
Do you agree with his assessment of MTV?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?