Adam Levine Slams Christina Aguilera’s Body Bullies: “F**k You… Grow Up!”
5:36 pm, October 27th, 2012
The Maroon 5 singer was asked about tabloid tales of bad blood between him and Aguilera (which Gossip Cop debunked from the very beginning).
“The fights that everyone thought we were having were fictional,” said Levine. “We never hated each other. We never were having some sort of secret battles that everyone thought we were having.”
He explained, “There were silly bickering things like a brother and sister would do… it’s not nearly what everybody thought.”
And even those sibling-style squabbles are a thing of the past.
“You get to a certain point where you realize that it’s so much easier… just to stay close, and to get each other’s backs,” said Levine.
He was then asked about the criticism that’s been thrown at Aguilera regarding her body.
Levine said flatly, “People shouldn’t say those kinds of things. Because, ‘F**k you.’ Come on, guys. Grow up.”
The singer declared that the worst part of celebrity culture is that “people feel like they can just say nasty things about other people.”
“[Aguilera] gets a lot of it, which pisses me off, and of course I have her back, of course I defend her,” said Levine. “I think it’s a really, really ugly part of our culture.”
He added, “It’s not cool, and I’ve never liked it… I think it’s horrible.”
It sounds like Levine’s brother-sister bond with Aguilera is more about support than sniping.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- The Most Amusing Athlete Mug Shots
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- 8 Celebrities Found Dead In A Bathroom