UPDATE: Adam Lambert Says Queen Quotes “Taken Out Of Context”
4:00 pm, February 3rd, 2012
Adam Lambert said on Twitter Friday night that his recent comments on performing with Queen as their new frontman have been taken out of context.
He supposedly told the paper, “The intention is to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some f*cking great songs. It’s to keep the music alive for the fans and give it an energy that Freddie would have been proud of.”
Lambert reportedly added, “There’s no intention in my mind of replacing Freddie. That’s impossible.”
But the “American Idol” runner-up tweeted Friday night, “Oooh them clever reporters takin my quotes outta context…. I haven’t confirmed any guest appearances. I was talking about the EMA’S. :)”
Lambert, who first met the band’s members Brian May and Roger Taylor when they performed “We Are the Champions” during his “Idol” finals in 2009, also performed with them at the MTV EMAs last November.
The singer added, “That being said, I’m truly flattered by your jump to such glorious conclusions mr journalist!! :)”
Mercury passed away in 1991 due to bronchopneumonia resulting from AIDS.
Gossip Cop has reached out to a rep for Lambert for comment, but has not heard back.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna