Adam Lambert Responds to Reports He May Join American Idol as Judge (UPDATE)
11:17 am, July 9th, 2012
Adam Lambert is reportedly in the mix to become a judge on “American Idol,” the show on which he finished as runner-up in 2009.
E! News is reporting that Lambert’s name has been “floated” as producers look to retool the long-running program.
It’s a job the singer sounds interested in considering.
Lambert tells Gossip Cop in a statement, “Idol has an amazing history of introducing great musical talent, and I was very fortunate to have had the Idol stage play a big part in my career.”
He continues, “If Idol wants to talk to me about judging, I’d be more than flattered to have that conversation.”
The duo, along with original judge Randy Jackson, have not yet formally signed on for Season 12.
That said, none of the three judges have ruled out a return, and it’s possible all of them will be back in the fold next year.
In 2010, Gossip Cop was the first outlet to report Lopez and Tyler were joining “Idol.”
Would you like to see Lambert join “American Idol” as a judge?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- Emma Watson's Most Fabulous Short Hair Styles
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- An Unforgettable One Direction Game!
- Jack McBrayer Talks Life After "30 Rock"
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?