Adam Lambert Responds to Reports He May Join American Idol as Judge (UPDATE)
11:17 am, July 9th, 2012
Adam Lambert is reportedly in the mix to become a judge on “American Idol,” the show on which he finished as runner-up in 2009.
E! News is reporting that Lambert’s name has been “floated” as producers look to retool the long-running program.
It’s a job the singer sounds interested in considering.
Lambert tells Gossip Cop in a statement, “Idol has an amazing history of introducing great musical talent, and I was very fortunate to have had the Idol stage play a big part in my career.”
He continues, “If Idol wants to talk to me about judging, I’d be more than flattered to have that conversation.”
The duo, along with original judge Randy Jackson, have not yet formally signed on for Season 12.
That said, none of the three judges have ruled out a return, and it’s possible all of them will be back in the fold next year.
In 2010, Gossip Cop was the first outlet to report Lopez and Tyler were joining “Idol.”
Would you like to see Lambert join “American Idol” as a judge?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court