WATCH: Adam Carolla Says Gay Jokes Are Okay Because “Nice Doesn’t Get Laughs”
5:54 pm, June 19th, 2012VIDEO
Adam Carolla appeared on “The Talk” Tuesday, where he had some controversial things to say about comedy.
Carolla, himself a comedian who often blurs the line between racy and good-natured humor, was asked how he felt about “gay people” when he started cracking jokes.
“If somebody says to me, ‘What do you think of your mother-in-law,’ and I go, ‘She’s a delight, I love her dearly,’ nobody laughs,” he told the co-hosts.
He continued, “So if somebody goes, ‘What do you think of Chaz Bono,’ I have to say something that’s horrible, so I can get a laugh.”
“Nice doesn’t get laughs,” the former “Celebrity Apprentice” contestant explained before going on to ask, “When did we start holding comedians up to the standard of politicians and school teachers?”
Carolla also caused a stir over the weekend, when he told the New York Post that women aren’t as funny as men.
“The reason why you know more funny dudes than funny chicks is that dudes are funnier than chicks,” he said in an interview.
He added, “When it comes to comedy, of course there’s Sarah Silverman, Tina Fey, Kathy Griffin — super-funny chicks. But if you’re playing the odds? No.”
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think of Carolla’s comments.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting