A.D.: Beyond The Bible Sequel to The Bible Picked Up By NBC
1:53 pm, July 1st, 2013
“The Bible” is getting a sequel — and coming to NBC.
The network has landed “A.D.: Beyond The Bible,” the follow-up to last spring’s massively successful History Channel miniseries from Mark Burnett and Roma Downey.
“A.D.: Beyond The Bible” will explore the beginnings of Christianity following the death of Jesus.
“NBC is thrilled to bring this highly-anticipated sequel to Mark and Roma’s ‘The Bible’ to network television,” said NBC executive Jennifer Salke in a statement, adding, “There was huge interest in this project within the television community and NBC is gratified by Mark’s confidence in our ability to partner with him and position this miniseries as true event television.“
According to the press announcement:
“A perfect storm brews in the Holy Land, fueled by social injustice, Roman military oppression and religious unrest. High priests and the Herod dynasty vie for power. Zealot revolutionaries turn to violence to regain what they believe is their promised land. And in the face of terrible odds and brutal persecution, the small band of Jesus’ disciples stand against the combined might of Rome and their own local authorities. In a generation of rebellion, war, famine, and carnage, who can they trust? Who should they fear? Will tomorrow bring a violent death? For many, it does… but others survive, and as the storm around them breaks, the fate of Israel, of Rome and of their faith is decided.”
History Channel’s “The Bible” was an enormous cable hit earlier this year, with the finale on Easter Sunday attracting 11.7 million viewers.
It later became the top-selling television series on DVD and Blu-Ray of the past five years.
Are you looking forward to “A.D.: Beyond The Bible”?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet